In a few days, the first Global Forum on Democratizing Work will start with over 100 panel discussions, 380 speakers, in nine official languages. The three main conference themes are: democratizing, decommodifying and decarbonising work – according to the content of the international manifesto “Work: Democratize, Decommodify, Remediate”, signed by over 6,000 people a year ago. All with open access after registration for free!
[…] Michał Sobol from the IP National Committee and Dr Maciej Grodzicki from the Works Committee at the Jagiellonian University will take part in a panel discussion dedicated to the tensions between government intervention and the situation of workers and their organisations. Together with academics and activists from organisations in Iceland and Sweden, they will talk about the lessons of the pandemic period for the workers’ movement and the democratization of labour relations. See us on 5 October at 9:30 a.m. (in English).
Session: 05P13. State Interventionism vs. Workers’ Participation. Lessons (re)learned in the Covid Times.
- Dr Maciej Grodzicki (IP UJ, PLSE) – moderator
- Anna Marjankowska (Heimssamband Verkafólks á Íslandi – IWW WISERA Iceland)
- Daria Bogdanska (Sveriges Arbetares Centralorganisation)
- Dr Karol Muszyński (Centre for Sociological Research at KU Leuven)
- Michał Sobol (OZZ Inicjatywa Pracownicza)
Also available in: